- A control system is a control system for a process or plant, wherein control elements are distributed throughout the system. This is in contrast to non-distributed systems, which use a single controller at a central location. In a DCS, a hierarchy of controllers is connected by communications networks for command and monitoring.
- A type of automated control system that is distributed throughout a machine to provide instructions to different parts of the machine. Instead of having a centrally located device controlling all machines, each section of a machine has its own computer that controls the operation. For instance, there may be one machine with a section that controls dry elements of cake frosting and another section controlling the liquid elements, but each section is individually managed by a DCS. A DCS is commonly used in manufacturing equipment and utilizes input and output protocols to control the machine.
- Collection of hardware and instrumentation necessary for implementing control systems.
- Provide the infrastructure (platform) for implementing advanced control algorithms.
WHAT IS CONTROL SYSTEM?
Let us study about a new type of engineering study which is called as Control Systems Engineering. Its very interesting subject and has a lot of calculation part. Control system theory evolved as an engineering discipline and due to universality of the principles involved, it is extended to various fields like economy, sociology, biology, medicine etc. Control theory has played a vital role in the advance of engineering and science. The automatic control has become an integral part of modern manufacturing and industrial processes. For example, numerical control of machine tools in manufacturing industries, controlling pressure, temperature, humidity, viscosity and flow in process industry.
When a number of elements or components are connected in a sequence to perform a specific function, the group thus formed is called a system. In a system when the output quantity is controlled by varying the input quantity, the system is called control system. The output quantity is called controlled variable or response and input quantity is called command signal or excitation.
DOCUMENT IN COMPRESSED FILE
“Control Systems” Seminar Report
Page Length: 15 Pages
- What Is Control Systems?
- Feature Of Control System
- Basic Components
- Types Of Control Systems
- Examples Of Control Systems
Include with “Control Systems” PPT
Page Length: 20 Pages
- Components of Control System
- Types of Control Systems
- Examples of Control Systems
Size : 499 KB
Price : ₹ 35/-
Note : 1. Get Cashback on purchase this product.
2. Get instantly Cashback in your Martcost Wallet on first user registration.
Go To All “EC” : Seminar Reports With PPT