“Since my last report, this employee has reached rock bottom and shows signs of starting to dig.”
“I would not allow this employee to breed.”
“Works well under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.”
“He sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.”
“This associate is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won’t be.”
The above quotes are actual comments made by managers on employees’ performance review forms – although humorous, they illustrate what performance is NOT!
Performance Management is a key process in any organisation and should assist the management and staff to focus on the key issues and business objectives to ensure sustainability.
Performance Management is therefore much more than merely telling a person what to do and “policing” them until it is done. Rather, it is an integral part of the manager and the employee’s job – it is a joint process.
The bottom-line reality is that we all need to know what is expected in a specific role – if that is lacking, uncertainty and frustration, resulting in demotivation and ineffectiveness, is created. This in turn impacts negatively on company performance and long-term sustainability of the organisation. To avoid this, clear goals and objectives need to be defined and that is the crux of an effective Performance Management system.
DOCUMENT IN COMPRESSED FILE
“Performance Management” Seminar Report
Page Length: 23 Pages
- Performance Management What Is Happening In SA?
- Performance Management Defined
- The Link To Training And Development
- Benefits Of Performance Management
- Selecting And Evaluating A Pms
- Performance Management And Coaching
- Performance Audit
- Performance And Reward
- Performance Management In Smme’s
Include with “Performance Management ” PPT
Page Length: 12 Pages
- What is Performance Management?
- Performance Management Goals
- Performance Management Process
- Benefits of Performance Management
- Issues With Performance Management
- The New Performance Management Policy
Size : 484 KB
Price : ₹ 30/-
Go To All "MBA" : Seminar Reports With PPT