A portfolio is a collection of assets. The assets may be physical or financial like Shares, Bonds, Debentures, Preference Shares, etc. The individual investor or a fund manager would not like to put all his money in the shares of one company, that would amount to great risk. He would therefore, follow the age old maxim that one should not put all the eggs into one basket. By doing so, he can achieve objective to maximize portfolio return and at the same time minimizing the portfolio risk by diversification.
- Portfolio management is the management of various financial assets which comprise the portfolio.
- Portfolio management is a decision – support system that is designed with a view to meet the multi-faced needs of investors.
- According to Securities and Exchange Board of India Portfolio Manager is defined as: “portfolio means the total holdings of securities belonging to any person”.
- PORTFOLIO MANAGER means any person who pursuant to a contract or arrangement with a client, advises or directs or undertakes on behalf of the client (whether as a discretionary portfolio manager or otherwise) the management or administration of a portfolio of securities or the funds of the client.
- DISCRETIONARY PORTFOLIO MANAGER means a portfolio manager who exercises or may, under a contract relating to portfolio management exercises any degree of discretion as to the investments or management of the portfolio of securities or the funds of the client.
DOCUMENT IN COMPRESSED FILE
“Portfolio Management” Seminar Report
Page Length: 63 Pages
- Portfolio Analysis
- Analysis & Interpretation
- Calculation Of Average Return Of Companies
- Calculation Of Portfolio Risk
- Calculation Of Portfolio Weights
Include with “Portfolio Management ” PPT
Page Length: 20 Pages
- Key difference between Portfolio, Programme and Project
- Why Portfolio Management
- Adv. of Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Management Cycle
- Portfolio Management Model
Size : 1.26 MB
Price : ₹ 45/-
Go To All "MBA" : Seminar Reports With PPT